"The customer service person was very accommodating and calming to speak to, and the medical person that I spoke to was very helpful as well with amplifying information. I was also please that they followed-up with me as promised."
- R.Z., Ohio
Medical Insurance for Students and Scholars who will be participating in an educational experience outside of the United States for one to twelve months.
Benefits of Coverage
- Choice of Medical Expense Benefits
- Plan A - Basic:
- 100% of Covered Expenses up to $100,000
- $50 deductible per Sickness or Injury
- $3,000 Emergency Reunion Benefit
- Plan B - High Option:
- 100% of Covered Expenses up to $250,000
- $0 deductible
- $5,000 Emergency Reunion Benefit
- $1,000 Trip Interruption Benefit
- $1,000 Trip Cancellation Benefit
- $10,000 Home Country Benefit
- Plan A - Basic:
- 100% Emergency Medical Evacuation Benefit
- 100% Repatriation of Remains Benefit
- $15,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefit
- Access to the 24-hour assistance network for emergency assistance anywhere in the world. This gives you fast, reliable referrals to the nearest medical facility or provider, as well as help relaying messages to family members.
Notice: Not available to residents of New York
Eligible individuals are temporarily pursuing education activities outside of the United States as a participant of a study abroad program or experience and are a:
- Enrolled as a student, or
- Employed as a faculty or staff member,
And is a:
- U.S. citizen, or
- Permanent resident of the United States, or
- Foreign National in the United States.
Know Your Plan?
It's easy to buy now!
Call us at (800)
between 8am - 5pm, EST
Exudative Pharyngitis In Thailand
While studying in Thailand, a college student developed a severely swollen throat. He was admitted to a nearby hospital while his program director contacted the MEDEX Emergency Response Center for assistance. MEDEX worked with the patient to ensure coverage for his medical treatment. After a day, the man was discharged and he was able to fly home as he originally planned.