"The strength of UnitedHealthcare Global is the capability of contacting customers with different ways of communication and different languages."
- J.M., Costa Rica
Global Medical International
Medical Insurance for individuals traveling for up to 12 months outside of their Home Country, except to the United States.
Benefits of Coverage
- Choice of Medical Expense Benefits: $100,000 - $500,000 lifetime maximum
- Choice of Deductibles: $50 - $1,000
- 100% Emergency Medical Evacuation Benefit
- $12,500 Emergency Reunion Benefit
- 100% Repatriation of Remains Benefit
- $25,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefit
- Access to UnitedHealthcare Global's 24-hour assistance network for emergency assistance anywhere in the world. This gives you fast, reliable referrals to the nearest medical facility or provider, as well as help relaying messages to family members
- Optional Benefits include:
- Hazardous activity coverage
- Athletic Coverage
- Extended Home Country benefit
Notice: Not available to residents of New York
Eligible individuals are those who are traveling outside of their home country to any other country, except the United States. A single trip is not to exceed 12 months.
*Benefits reduce to $50,000 at age 70; $10,000 at age 80.
Dependent Coverage - If they are traveling with you and are dependent upon you for support, lawful spouses and unmarried children under age 19 may also be enrolled.
Know Your Plan?
It's easy to buy now!
Call us at (800)
between 8am - 5pm, EST
Lyme Disease in China
When a young man was in China, he developed symptoms of Lyme Disease. His mother contacted CMI for a hospital referral. The UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance Emergency Response Center recommended a nearby hospital, which is a credentialed UnitedHealthcare Global Center of Excellence. The local physicians put him on antibiotics and the young man began to feel better. UnitedHealthcare Global continued to follow the case until the young man no longer needed our assistance.