"The customer service person was very accommodating and calming to speak to, and the medical person that I spoke to was very helpful as well with amplifying information. I was also please that they followed-up with me as promised."
- R.Z., Ohio
Premier Group Study Abroad
Premier Group Study Abroad
International Accident and Sickness insurance for U.S. students and scholars studying abroad
Benefits of Coverage
- Choice of Medical Expense Benefits
- 100% coverage, up to $500,000, with a $50 deductible
- 100% coverage, up to $500,000, with no deductible
- 100% coverage, up to $100,000, with a $50 deductible
- 100% coverage, up to $100,000, with no deductible
- 100% Emergency Medical Evacuation Benefit
- $12,500 Emergency Reunion Benefit
- 100% Repatriation of Mortal Remains
- $15,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit
- Access to UnitedHealthcare Global's 24-hour assistance network for emergency assistance anywhere in the world. This gives you fast, reliable referrals to the nearest medical facility or provider, as well as help relaying messages to family members
- Additional Optional Benefits include:
- Trip Interruption
- Chaperone/Faculty Replacement with Expanded Emergency Reunion Benefits
- Trip Cancellation
- Trip Cancellation due to Terrorism
- Travel Delay
- Lost Baggage
- Home Country Benefits
- Security Evacuation
- Personal Liability
The Premier Group Study Abroad plan is available to individuals who are temporarily (min. one month, max. 12 months) pursuing education activities outside of the United States as a participant of a study abroad program or experience and are a:
- Enrolled as a student, or
- Employed as a faculty or staff member,
And is a:
- U.S. citizen, or
- Permanent resident of the United States, or
- Foreign National in the United States.
Dependent Coverage - If they are traveling and residing with you and are dependent upon you for support, lawful spouses and unmarried children under age 19 may also be enrolled.
To obtain a price quote, please call 800-586-0753.
Know Your Plan?
It's easy to buy now!
Call us at (800)
between 8am - 5pm, EST
Snake Bite in Costa Rica
While studying in Costa Rica, a young man was bitten by a poisonous viper. He was taken to a nearby clinic for antivenom and UnitedHealthcare Global was contacted for assistance. Fortunately, the man's vital signs were normal, but he was in terrible pain. UnitedHealthcare Global Physician Advisors consulted with the patient and the treating physician. The man wanted to travel home, but UnitedHealthcare Global physicians realized the risks involved in traveling so soon. After two more days, it was determined that the man could return home. UnitedHealthcare Global worked with the airlines to change the man's plane tickets so he could return home early.